About Blacks Who Design
Blacks Who Design highlights all of the inspiring Black designers in the industry. The goal is to inspire new designers, encourage people to diversify their feeds, and discover amazing individuals to join your team.
If you're a Black designer, this site's for you
There are great designers all across the industry. Hopefully this project inspires you to see yourself among the ranks.
If you're not a Black designer, this site's for you too :)
- Reply to a recruiter: Tired of recruiting emails? Instead of hitting archive, reply with a link to this site.
- Target your mentoring: Dedicate your lunch breaks towards mentoring people that might not normally get access to you.
- Volunteer: Consider blocking off some time to teach design to younger students.
- Women Who Design(the inspiration for this site) by Jules forrest
- Latinxs Who Design by Pablo Stanley
- 28 Days of Black Designers by Tim Hykes
- People of Craft by Amélie Lamont & Timothy Goodman
- Bay Area Black Designers by Kat Vellos
- Revision Path by Maurice Cherry
- AfroTech "Blacks Who Design Wants To Kill The ‘We Can’t Find Any’ Excuse About Diversity"
- Fortune Magazine "Introducing: Blacks Who Design"
- NBC "'Blacks Who Design' Directory Seeks to Increase Visibility, Diversity in Tech"
If you've been featured in the directory and you'd rather not be, please send a DM to @BlacksWhoDesign on Twitter and you will be removed.
Shout out to Dropbox Design for the support :)Back to directory